Friday, April 4, 2008

Writing as a Process

My writing process for Essay 3 has been a fruitful expedition. Along the way I have come across facts that I recognized as well as being enlightened to others. An example of my enlightenment concerns the phases of domestic violence and how one phase tends to lead to the next. For example, the first phase of domestic violence is often a "nonviolent" phase and is centered around emotional abuse. This phase in turn leads to a progression of violence.

Without my textbook, it is very likely that my writing would not be nearly as strong on this subject as it has become. In reading the chapters assigned throughout the semester, I have learned a great deal. For example, I have learned the value of inquiry as well as the value of annotation of texts. I have learned how to research a topic and what kinds of articles are best for academic research. I have learned how to effectively draft both an introduction and conclusion, and I have learned how synthesis has a strong impact on essays and the audiences who read them. Had I not learned about each of these skills, no progress in my writing would have occurred.

No comments: