Sunday, April 6, 2008

Applying Lessons Learned

Much of what I have learned in English 112 I feel will be useful in other classes as well. For example, annotating texts and paying close attention to how writers frame their arguments can be helpful in any writing assignment (whether it is to be an argumentative paper or an informative one). Drafting effective introductions and conclusions can be useful in that they will give anyone who reads my work in the future a better idea of my overall points. Writing effective main points by using topic sentences is another helpful thing I have learned. This will be effective in my future writing because it will help my reader(s) to better understand what direction each point is going in. And, combined, each of these aspects will make for what I am sure will be extremely strong essays overall.

Another skill that I have learned that I feel will be helpful in writing for future classes is writing a proposal. In doing so, I can organize my own ideas as well as give my instructor and readers a better idea of which direction my writing will be going in and what specific sources I will use. All of the skills listed in the above paragraph will also be useful in writing proposals for pieces I intend to write in other classes, and an effective proposal can help make an effective essay.

No comments: