Thursday, January 31, 2008

Writing Process

My rough draft of the Critique needed some MAJOR revisions. After making the revisions, I feel better about the success of the essay as a whole.

My writing process included reading and making annotations in the margins of the essay, outlining, brainstorming, free writing, and of course, drafting and revising. In the next essay, I believe that I will keep each part of the process that I used for the first. Each part plays an important role, and I do not think my writing would be nearly as effective if I opted to not use any one part. For example, if I did not annotate, it would not be as easy for me to find points within essays that I wish to use. Without brainstorming and outlining, my essay would not be well organized which could cause serious problems for anyone reading it. Free writing is essential to my writing because it helps me to get my ideas on the page (Of course I can better organize those ideas if need be at a later time.). And drafting and revision is a key part of any essay. No one can get an essay perfectly written the first time around. Therefore drafting and revision help to strengthen the essay and are key components in its overall success.

No comments: