Monday, January 21, 2008

Group Work

Using the class wiki was not difficult for me because I had used one last semester in English 111. Once I mastered how a wiki worked (in my former class), I found it to be a very helpful tool for sharing ideas. This is especially true in our writing class where group work is essential so that we can all improve our writing skills.

The ideas of others can greatly help writers strengthen their writing. For example, in our Criteria Brainstorm, everyone contributed ideas for possible criteria on which to evaluate the essays we had chosen to read. Looking back at the list when considering criteria for our evaluations can give us ideas that we may not have yet considered.

To me, the main reward of group work is that ideas can be expressed, shared, and expanded upon. Different points of view and different ideas can be more closely examined making the process of group work a learning experience for all involved.

No comments: